Does your home have disrepair issues?

Each Claim May Be Worth £1000’s!

Ilford Council Housing Disrepair Claims

Are you renting from Burnley Council ? Are they refusing to carry out much-needed repairs in your home? You may be able to seek compensation from Burnley Council today. Find out how our expert disrepair solicitors can help.

The following page gives details about Ilford Council and information in relation to filing a housing disrepair claim against them. If you are you suffering with damp, mould or other repair issues and they are failing to carry out repairs, you could be owed thousands in compensation.


What is Housing Disrepair?

As a tenant, you have a right to live in a property that is safe and suitable to live in. If you have repairs that need carrying out in your home that make it unsafe or inconvenient to live in, they you have ongoing disrepair. If you are a tenant living in a Ilford Council property, Ilford Council is required by law to ensure:

  •  Your home is in a good state of repair structurally
  •  There is no rising damp and mould in the property
  •  You have access to safe electricity, gas, and water
  •  You have working hygiene facilities, such as toilets, basins, sinks
  • Your home is free from vermin and infestations
  • You have a working heating system
  • Your drains and gutters are working correctly
  • Your roof is intact and safe
If you have any of the above issues in your home, you may be entitled to compensation from Ilford Council. We can help force them carry out any needed repairs, and compensate you for any losses and/or suffering.

What sort of compensation can I claim against from Ilford Council?

The compensation you can recover from Ilford Council can range from a number of different things depending on your circumstances. Generally, you can claim for actual financial loss as well as a general inconvenience you may have suffered.

This includes:

Damage to Belongings
Damp and mould can lead to damage property, including ruined clothing and potentially damaged electrical goods. If any disrepair has led to damaged property, you can claim compensation to the equivalent of the value of the property.
Financial Loss
The disrepair in your home may have led to increased spending. If you have no boiler, your electric bill may be higher due to increase usage of plug-in heaters, for example. We advise keeping all receipts and bills as evidence of this increased spending.
You can also claim compensation for any inconvenience that the disrepair has caused you. The amount of this sort of compensation depends on the severity, but it can include:
  •  Any disruption to your daily life caused by the disrepair
  •  Not having full use of your home
  •  Time spent waiting in your home for builders or inspections
Damage to health

There is also potential to bring a personal injury claim against Ilford Council if the disrepair has made you ill or injured you. This includes:

  •  Claims for any loss of earnings as a result of the injury or illness
  •  Compensation for any extra expenses, like prescriptions, medical bills, or extra travel to the hospital
We can offer the below example:

disrepair Issue: Faulty boiler for one year, continuously

Rent per month: £700pcm

Value of rent for the period of the claim: £700 x 12 = £8,400

Potential compensation, valued at 25%: £2,100

Every case is different, and we would advise using our eligibility checker to see if you can claim. Our experts will be able to tell you how much you can claim early on in your case.

How can help?

Do you have a potential housing disrepair claim against The Ilford Council ? If you are you suffering with damp, mould or other important repair issues, our team can help you claim compensation and force your housing association to carry out the repairs.

If you feel ignored by Ilford Council despite raising concerns about disrepair, we can help. You do not have to settle for poor living conditions!

At we can help you to get the compensation you are owed and have the repairs to your home completed. To start, all you have to do is

1. Fill out our online checklist – This takes less than 60 seconds
2. If accepted, a member of our team will call you back to arrange a FREE visit to take images and assess the issues
3. Finally, we will contact your landlord on your behalf and negotiate compensation.