IIf you are renting a flat in a tower block then it is important to know what your landlord is responsible for and what you the tenant are responsible for. Your landlord is responsible for ensuring that the flat is fit for purpose which involves;

Maintaining the structure of the building, including

  • Walls
  • Ceilings
  • Roofs
  • Doors
  • Windows
  • Maintaining the plumbing and hot water system
  • Maintaining the electrics and gas
  • Maintaining the sewage and drainage system
  • Keeping the property vermin and pest free


The landlord must also ensure that the property poses no risks or hazards to the tenant. As a tenant you will be responsible for minor damages and repairs such as replacing a shelf or changing the lightbulbs, and keeping the property clean.

If your landlord has employed someone to carrying out repairs on the property or the tower block in general you should try and be assisting of the work (such as allowing access to your flat).


Don’t wait! Contact us for a free phone consultation. Let us help you figure out what the best next steps are. The sooner you have a plan of action, the better your chances of taking the correct steps to get the results you want. We can help you claim for housing disrepair and force your landlord to repair your property. We help tenants all around the England, from London to Leeds, Liverpool or Manchester. We work remotely and are always available for a chat. 

Contact Our Council House Compensation Team on 01254 658088 or just fill in our questionnaire using the link and we can get everything started for you.  We will respond to all online enquiries made between 9am and 6pm immediately in the same day.  We will help you claim for housing disrepair compensation.

Once you are happy to proceed your solicitor will send an agreement to you to sign via a link to confirm that your solicitor will do the work on a no win no fee basis and that you are not out of pocket.

Your solicitor will contact your Landlord to rectify the problem and get you compensation.